Friday 6 July 2007

Orientation - July Intake 07







Nothing beats trying to show off your authority when it comes to juniors. Except durian.
But thats another story.


So, today was the day, the day where Juniors from the July intake 07 got to know their Seniors a little better. Damnn, I remember attending Orientation day when I first entered the course. I actually thought Wasis (or how ever you spell his name), you know that tall black big guy, was a lecturer for real. Hahahah he was so big I was so scared to laugh out ,'Yeah right!' pointing in his direction with my head pulled back in laughter, accusing him of lying. Hazardous, not very advisable. He's so besar, like a bear no kidding.


I won't describe today as 'torturous' for the Juniors, although some went through really difficult tasks as punishment. Hats off to you guys for being so such great sports! :) Despite everything being such a rush, Adora only getting questions for the Quiz by afternoon, and Shahira, Adora and I rushing to Carrefour for some items for the tasks, getting the 4 bricks by stealing them from a corridoor somewhere in college, things went relatively well. I could easily say, that this batch laughed & participated the most, resulting in a smooth-fun-going Orientation.

Mr Ken's little speech took a little too long, though pretty inspiring. Juniors, if you guys are reading this, Mr. Ken's actually a very nice man, very easy to get to know and oh so friendly. Nothing near a bad example, he has a heart for his students and soon enough you'll find yourselves having lunches together. Haha I was walking out with Adora when I saw Mr Ken from a distance with something in his hand near his mouth. I first thought he was smoking until we neared and noticed he was actually eating an ice cream, while enjoying the scenery!

"Enjoying your ice cream, Mr. Ken!"
"Mmmm. I love ice-creams." in an ALMOST orgasmic tone. Lets hope he doesnt read this.

And you guys will find Mr Tony the same too. Both very young at heart one :)



So, back to Orientation, firstly we had the brick game. Where students were divided into 5 groups, Red, Blue, Yellow, Orange & Green. Each group, given 4 pieces of A4 papers and a metre of tape were supposed to construct a structure suitable to support the total weight of 4 bricks. Was a pretty effective ice-breaker I must say, and later on with Keong giving one of his talks about 'Unity' yada yada yada.. what DOESN'T he ever say anyway? :p




Then we proceeded with a Quiz. Highlights were the punishments really, haha! Uhm got a little messy, messing with flour. I'd like to personally apologize to the Green team for uh.. causing pain.. if I have. i.e. to that girl with nice eyelashes, I think some went into your eyes, sorry =/ I only intended to mess your faces a little, honest :)






The wasabe Oreos were to some a delicacy to some a nightmare. Preparing them can't possibly as fun as eating em right! But heeeeeey, all in good fuuuun *grin* Fashion designer boy seemed to have liked it, gulped down 2 without a problem in fact.





And I bet sweets taste better under armpits anyway. Ahh, saltier, see? Got taste. Heard of the story of the king who didnt like salt? He disowned his daughter because she served him a salty dish. Haaa anything salty is good one.





Btw, Red group? Mr. Woon actually thoroughly enjoyed your serenade. Just not so used to being serenaded in sucha big group. Efforts not wasted, good joob good job. He would have never bought us ice-creams anyway. hah.






And STANLEY I SAW THE VIDEO you did NOT spell M-I-S-S-I-S-S-I-P-P-I with your backside! All you did was go up and down up and down, you think what? Washing mirror ah. Too much, we will not make college easy for you.

And a special shoutout to Kah Wing and Pokemon dude, your dances were very uh.. amusing & seductive. Enjoyed it very much. Esp Kah Wing you have a gift, you should make use of it. You should pick up ballet. And thank you for your bubble tea, but little do you know I don't take bubble tea :) Thanks anyhoo.



Well! I hope you guys had a good time, feel free to ask for help or guidance from Keong when assingments start flowing in at 012 3376 523 have fuuun!
Signing off! *muah



I just hope we don't see a sudden drop in July intake students when college reopens.



*click for more pictures!*





estherlauderlyn

4 comments:

Brian said...

hi,, brian heree..

yap it was a nice day! XD

thx,,lookin forward to experiencing monday,,

XD

*you all post the story so fast, gawd but great*

jiunn said...

i'm like o.O when u revealed keong's private number over the blog-.-
later someone random will call him everyday-.-
I'm looking forward towards working with them!
They r like a bunch of fun ppl.
XD~
they have the pokemon,ballet dancer, and the way they go near mr woon..
the tanzanian guy is so nice!~
weeee~memorable orientation
LAST orientation that we can join ><"

huixian said...

OMG Esther, I wonder if you realise the consequences of putting up Keong's number.

Anonymous said...

Thanks seniors, I really had a great time. And thanks to my fellow mates who made me a memorable day :p