Tuesday 1 January 2008

Going Overseas Preparation: learn-to-cook lesson




One fine day, when birds chirping joyfully, my mum dragged me into the kitchen.
My first time cooking a real dish.

1st attempt:
(not counting maggi mee & egg & ham & sausages)

food: hong kong kai lan, vegetarian dish
vegetarian means no garlic, no egg, no meat

When frying the vege....
pour oil, then ginger.
prik!prik!prak!prak!
O.O "omg!"
freaked out for awhile but~!
then the oil finally became peaceful..(luckily~or I'll die)
"mummy, the ginger is brown already..."(peaceful tone)
"put the vege batang already LAH!"(mummy in loud voice)
fry~fry~fry~fry~
"mummy,batang yellowish already, can ka?"(peaceful tone again)
"PUT THE LEAVES LAH!!WAIT WHAT??!"(mummy even in a devastated tone)
fry~fry~fry~fry~
"OFF THE FIRE ALREADY!"(mummy mou ngan tai)
finally, my 1st dish.
yellow-green hong kong kai lan with dark brown ginger
-,-"luckily it's not yellow yellow and black black~.~

BUT I'm proud of my cutting skills eh! all the vege are cut evenly.
talking abt architecture students!!hmph!

I'll just stick to rice cooker in future T.T
paiseh to talk abt frying meat :P

Share your encounters!

Lih Jiunn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ginger? why used ginger? shud be onions rite? lolzzz ^^